|Request a Free Quote||Call Today (602) 942-1166|
We guarantee that you will receive the highest quality move from our experienced Glendale movers. We at Bannister Glendale Moving & Storage, we have been in business for 2 decades and put a lot of pride into each and every move to insure all our Glendale customers are totally satisfied. Our customers come back to us because we are honest, give great customer service, and are reasonably priced, You will be assigned a Full Time Glendale Moving Coordinator to assist you through the whole process. We communicate well with our customers and we give our customer a sense of total comfort and satisfaction that they deserve, and are in good hands with our Glendale moving company.
• Professional Quality Glendale moving company trained personnel.
• We Pad and Shrink wrap furniture.
• Provide Professional Glendale moving at competitive prices all year round.
• (Free) Use of Wardrobes for transport only, Free runners, door jams, padding, shrink wrap.
• Partial packing of breakable or full pack of the entire home.
• We provide storage.
• Full line of Moving Supplies, to include flat screen TV boxes.
• No Hidden Charges or Fees.
• Our Glendale Moving trucks are 26 ft. and High Cubed.
• Bannister will Meet or Beat any legitimate estimate from any Glendale mover.
• We are Licensed Bonded and Insured and we Carry Cargo Coverage.
• Never use Temporary Labor.
• Glendale Mover, Better Business Rating A+.
• Member or the American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA).
• Full Value Protection options available.
• Veteran and Senior Discounts.
Just call our staff and you will see that, our staff is second to none. We carry moving supplies for your convenience, and have well trained personnel to properly pack and secure your household goods.
We are a Veteran Owned Business. Glendale Movers with Integrity & Honor.
Guaranteed Glendale Moving Results.
Glendale, AZ TidbitsThe location that is currently known as Glendale, Arizona, was only empty desert in 1880. However, a man named William Murphy and his builder associates named Clark Churchill, William Hancock, and MW Kales brought water to the desert by leading the Arizona Canal Co. project. With the help of whatever machinery was available and 225 mules, Mr. Murphy and his associates completed the canal in May 1885. Numerous homesteaders started settling around this new canal by the late 1880’s. A man named William Bartlett was an early settler, homesteaded property in what is currently known as central Glendale. In 1886, Mr. Bartlett cultivated a 640 acre fruit farm in 1886, complete with 13 buildings and a main house. This homestead became known as the Sahuaro Ranch.
With the help of some of his associates, Mr. Murphy built the diagonal Grand Avenue in 1888. The first residential area in the community started taking shape in 1892. Soon thereafter, the town site for Glendale started taking shape, and then, in 1895, the Glendale Grammar School was built. Glendale became the link for the Santa Fe Railroad during the middle 1890’s, which linked northern Arizona and the Valley to Prescott. The railroad permitted the settlers in Glendale to easily receive building materials and transport goods to the north.
By 1900, additional families started settling in Glendale. In 1909, the Glendale State Bank was established. In 1915, the water supply for the community was bought from the Sine family to the community government. A wealthy rancher and lumberman named Louis Sands purchased the large ranch home on Northern and 51st Avenues, by the early 1900’s. He named the surrounding land and Victorian home Manistee Ranch after his hometown in Michigan. It was one of the last working cattle ranches in the Valley. The house has been preserved for future generations to enjoy.
Glendale has become one of the most culturally diverse communities in the Valley. The community owes much of its heritage to early Russian, Japanese, and Hispanic settlers who relocated from California to Glendale.
One business that was instrumental in the early economic success of the community was the Beet Sugar factory, in Glendale. Throughout the early 1900’s, orchards and farms continued to do well. Other early businesses included the Glendale Ice Co., the Pacific Creamery Co., the Southwest Flour and Feed Co. and the Glendale Milling Co.
There was a renewed surge of energy in Glendale with WW I. Farmers were kept busy with the high demand for food. Between 1915 and 1930, there soon became a need for additional housing, and that is when Catlin Court was born. The majority of these homes are on the National Register of Historic Places and are still standing.
In 1912, the first Glendale News was published. In 1926 the Glendale Herald was published and remained in circulation until 1963. The school system in Glendale also experienced growth. Also in 1912, the Glendale High School was constructed. The Glendale Grammar School, which is currently known as Landmark Elementary, has transformed into several buildings.
Street paving and economic success were achieved during the early 1900’s. However, the Great depression also affected Glendale. Between 1935 and 1942, money from the Federal Housing Administration helped to construct additional homes in Catlin Court. By 1940 the population of Glendale had increased to over 4,800 people.
In order to train civilian pilots for the army, Thunderbird Field was born around the time WW II occurred. The field resembled the mythic Thunderbird and was designed by artist Millar Sheets. Ten miles west of Glendale, the Army was busy working on a larger base while Thunderbird Field was under construction. The owner of the Medal of Honor named Lieutenant Frank Luke Jr. was the namesake of Luke Field, currently known as Luke Air Force Base. Mr. Luke would later become the Thunderbird American Graduate School for International Management.
There became a need for streets, schools, parks, and utilities with the ever increasing presence of college and the military. Between 1960 and 2000, the community added a civic center, a city hall, an airport, public safety facilities, parks, libraries, sewage plants, a water treatment plant, a landfill, and an operations center.
By the late 1900’s, the school systems in Glendale had increased to multiple districts from only a few. These included the Glendale Union High School Districts, the Deer Valley Unified Districts, the Peoria Unified Districts, and the Glendale Elementary District.
There were some backfill projects including the changing to the Manistee Towne Center from the Valley West Mall. Northern Avenue and the shopping area at 59th are currently known as Northern Crossing, which is a successfully redeveloped power center complete with a Lowes Home Improvement Center and a super Wal-Mart.
These day, the sports destination for all of Arizona is Glendale, with the NHL Coyotes and Jobing.com Arena are continually attracting new fans to for expansion in the far western regions of the community. The ultra-modern University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona was also host to the 2008 Super Bowl, as well as the BCS Championship Games and the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.