There’s no way around it—moving is hard work. Packing up your life and moving it from one location to another is never easy, and is much less so when you have to worry about working or taking care of your kids. Want to reduce the stress? Hire a professional! A reputable moving company can take a load off your mind by handling the difficult and often tedious work of securely packing, loading, transporting, and then unloading your possessions when you reach your destination. If you’re considering hiring a professional moving company, here is what you should expect.
What Movers Do
Professional movers offer several services that can make your move immensely easier. A skilled moving team will take your things and package them safely, including wrapping what is needed in things like blankets, bubble wrap, newspaper, plastic wrap, and more. While you may provide these things yourself, you can also usually purchase them from the movers directly. Movers are professionals, and their experience and skill with their job allows them to complete it far quicker than you could.
What your movers can’t do is determine what in your home is to be packed and loaded onto the truck and what is trash to be left behind. What you should do before they arrive is go through all of your possessions and throw away everything you do not wish to bring with you that you won’t need. They also won’t pack anything they don’t see, so make sure all washers, dryers, dishwashers, and refrigerators are empty in preparation for their arrival.
Tips to Help Your Movers
Want to help your movers do their job as well as possible? There are a few simple steps you can take that will make your entire experience go smoother and faster, eliminating as much stress as possible.
- Label your children’s rooms with their name. This will allow the movers to properly label the boxes and ensure they are brought to the right room when you do reach your ultimate destination.
- Items that must be disassembled to move will have loose parts. Stock up on zipper bags that you can use to store all these small parts. Your movers will often set aside a carton you can use to keep all these small parts in one place, but make sure you label these bags so there’s no confusion as to which parts belong to what item.
- If you have your own boxes and moving supplies you wish to provide, distribute them throughout the rooms ahead of time so when your moving team arrives they don’t have to waste time tracking them down. This will also give them an idea of how to pack the items in your room as efficiently and space-consciously as possible.
- Identify all items that are of significant sentimental value to you early in the process. Bring them to the attention of your moving consultant and your packing team leader when they arrive in order to make sure they are handled with the utmost care and caution. This way you can be sure these items are out of the way and won’t be damaged when other things are being moved around them.
- Your moving company will have a list of items that they are prohibited from packing. These can include certain chemicals or flammable materials that present a hazard when they are packed into a van or can prove to be a health hazard should a packer be exposed to them. Either throw these items out or remove them from your home prior to the arrival of your packing team.
Need help moving? Whether you’re going across town or across the country, the Phoenix Movers at Bannister Moving & Storage, Inc. can help! We are fully dedicated to customer satisfaction, and we take every possible precaution to ensure you are happy with the services you receive. Our team is efficient, fast, and careful to ensure minimum property damage or loss in your move. We are personally invested in your move, and we make it our highest priority to remove the stress and difficulty as much as possible.Call Bannister Moving & Storage, Inc. today at (602) 899-0229 to request more information or learn about our great rates!