Moving can be stressful, but having some help can make things much easier. One of the best ways you can put your mind at ease during the moving process is to keep a checklist of all the most important things that need to be done before and on moving day.
Here is a checklist that can help you stay on track come moving day:
- Sort all of your items into what you want to keep and what you can get rid of.
- Organize school records and arrange for them to be transferred to their new school, if needed.
- Stock up on packing supplies like boxes, bubble wrap and tape.
- Choose your moving company and get confirmation of your moving date and costs.
- Fill out a change of address form online or at your local post office.
- Forward medical records to new healthcare providers, if needed.
- Inform banks, employers, magazine or newspaper subscriptions, insurance, and credit card companies of your new address.
- Clearly label and pack your boxes, marking which room the box should be placed in.
- Get your car tuned up to avoid car troubles on moving day.
- Pack a suitcase for everyone in the family with enough clothes and necessities to last a few days.
- If you are moving your refrigerator, make sure to clean and defrost it at least one day prior to moving day.
- Make sure your air conditioner and furnace are turned off, as well as any lights, water, and appliances.
- Double-check the details of your move, including the moving company’s arrival time, directions to your new home and contact information.
If you’re looking for a professional moving company that can help simplify the process of moving, Bannister Moving & Storage is here for you! We are experienced in both local and long-distance moving, and can help you with all of your packing and storage needs.